REGISTRY OF DEEDS FRAUD PROTECTION FACTS
The Registry of Deeds keeps track of the legal property owner.
- The Registry of Deeds is not required to authenticate documents prior to recording them.
- The Registry of Deeds is not required to validate the person or entity recording the document.
- Registry of Deeds is not required to authenticate the signature of the Notary.
- The Registry of Deeds is not required to notify you when a document is filed on your property.
- Notaries are not required to authenticate the ID of the party signing documents.
With no authentication processes in place prior to recording a document in the Registry of Deeds is like a bank with no tellers where you make your own deposits and withdrawals without oversight.
DOCTHENTIC™, monitors your parcel in the Registry of Deeds. We empower you by alerting you when documents are filed that impact your property. Being notified at the inception of a recording, allows you, the homeowner, to detect fraud at its earliest stages.
DOWNLOAD Application in Adobe PDF.
DOWNLOAD Application in a Word doc.